Saturday, October 3, 2009

From Kate

Hi all
I just wanted to acknowledge that it is six months today since Dad died.
I find myself looking for glimpses of him and treasure the little things: a note scribbled on an envelope, a picture he gave me, the Geelong footy jumper he gave my daughter...
It is the searching that makes this blog so special for me. I can hear his voice in the emails, sharing his journey of life during his pilgrimage that meant so much to him.
Kate :)

By Fra Giovanni Giocondo

Life is so full of meaning and purpose,
so full of beauty beneath its covering,
that you will find earth but cloaks your heaven.
Courage then to claim it; that is all!
But courage you have, and the knowledge
that we are pilgrims together,
wending through unknown country home.

And so, at this time, I greet you,
not quite as the world sends greetings,
but with profound esteem and with the prayer
that for you, now and forever,
the day breaks and shadows flee away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your special message today. We think of you and your family at this time. I cannot help but comment that your Dad considered himself a very blessed man. Life was good to him mostly and he loved and was loved. Is anything else of more significance?

Charlie